Clients are requested to study the following conditions of service very carefully so as to avoid unnecessary misunderstandings and disputes during and after the function. Over the years many of our clients have become our friends simply because they understood our service and liked the way we operate.
Booking fee and Payments
- A new Price List will be issued on January 1 of each year. It will supersede all previous issues and will become effective immediately.
- After you have studied our Price List and Conditions of Service and you would like us to cater for your function, we request you pay your booking fee immediately. Do remember, we work on a first-come first-served basis.
- We do not accept provisional bookings.
- Only once your booking fee has been paid, will the date be confirmed in your name in our diary.
- A non-refundable and non deductable booking fee of a R1000.00 paid in cash, confirms the booking.
The final payment for the function can either be:
- Paid in cash fifteen (15) days prior to the function
- Electronic account payments
- Bank guaranteed cheque twenty (20) days prior to the function.
NB. Failure to make payment as stipulated above will result your function to be canceled immediately.
Our Banking Details are:
Account Name: Cathkin Caterers
Branch: Standard Bank, Kromboom
Account Number: 072 933 216
Branch Code: 051001
- When making a payment please use your name and function date as a reference
- After you have made final payment - we will complete an Information Sheet with you.
- No discounts for fundraising events will be entertained. We work on an extremely low-profit margin. When discounts are given, services are shrunk and standards are dropped. This invariably leads to problems.
If the client provides any edibles, it becomes the responsibility of the client to transport these edibles and to see that these edibles arrive in the kitchen at Tuscany.
Times and Time Slots
1. Lunch sessions extends from 11am to 3pm.
- If the function is a lunch, guests will only be allowed to enter the venue at 11am at the earliest. We propose the Nikkah to be at 10am or 10:30am. Guests enter at 11am. The bridal party enters at 11:15am and speeches extends from 11:30am to 12:30pm.
- We do not entertain lunch functions where guests are invited after Thur Salaah. This arrangement is to accommodate us in the event of having a Supper commitment on the same day.
2. Breakfast sessions extend from 9am to 12pm.
3. Supper sessions extends from 5pm to 9pm / 7pm to11pm.
- If the function is a dinner /supper, we propose that the guests are invited for 5pm or 7pm. We further advise that the actual supper will not be served later than 6:30pm or 8:30pm irrespective of how far the program has progressed or whether the bridal couple is present.
- We do not entertain supper functions where guests are invited before 5pm. This arrangement is to accommodate us in the event of having a lunch commitment on the same day.
- We usually provide one (1) waitron for every 20 guests or 2 tables. If the client wants additional waitrons, then this can be arranged at an extra cost.
- We provide one (1) tablecloth for every 10 persons. If the client wants fewer than 10 persons per table, then this too can be arranged at an additional cost.
- We cater for the amount of guests that we are paid for.
- If the function is over- attended, we will serve the extra guests as long as there is sufficient food. We will, however, charge the client for the extra guests after the function.
- If the function is under-attended, no refund will be made. The necessary expenses have been incurred for the guests who have not attended the function.
- We cater for a minimum of 100 guests. If we are requested to cater for less than 100 guests we will consider this service at a higher rate.
- When a function requires two or more days of preparation at the venue, the Service Charge will be multiplied by the number of days involved.
- We are willing to cook the food for the function, we are catering for it if the client provides all the ingredients. Price available on request.
Complimentary Services provided at the functions
- Salaah facilities are available upstairs.
- All fried savouries supplied by the client are served crispy and hot, we offer to fry these items at no extra charge at Tuscany. Two litres fish oil must, however, be supplied by the client per 100 units.
Items provided by the client
- Gifts, place cards, souvenirs, flowers etc. provided by the client should be brought to the venue.
- This also applies to wedding and birthday cakes. We cannot be held responsible for damages to these cakes.
- The client is reminded to bring along cardboard boxes for the gifts.
- All edibles provided by the client must always be sufficient and of a high quality. The amount needed will be specified and carefully checked when it arrives at the venue. If we are not satisfied with the quality and quantity of the edibles, then it will not be served.
- All containers, equipment and furniture provided by the client must be removed by the client from Tuscany at the end of the function.
- Crockery, cutlery, furniture, linen, equipment, containers etc. provided by the client is the responsibility of the client. Cathkin Caterers can in no way be held responsible for damages to, or loss of these items.
- Please ensure helpers are brought along to off-load items provided by the client
- Only our staff are allowed into the kitchen and to serve food. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- While the food is being presented, the client and all other guests should be seated. Persons trying to "help" normally cause more disruption than anything else.
- Our tables are normally numbered for the sake of our waitrons. If the numbers have to be in a specific order, then please indicate this before the function. No changes will be entertained once the tables have been numbered at least three(3) days before the function.
- We expect the client to trust us fully. Detectives or floor walkers set up by the client to watch us, will be removed forcefully. It is senseless hiring caterers if you do not trust them.
- None of the guests are allowed to take away edibles or utensils. If the client wants to take away edibles then we suggest the client provide foam plates or plastic bags. This can be given to us which will be willingly distributed at the end of the function. We do encourage this at all times.
- Please advise the DJ/Band/Sound engineer/Video man to be set up long before the function is scheduled to start. These persons usually arrive at the last minute and expect us to arrange the venue to accommodate them. This will not be tolerated. Please remind them to bring along a tablecloth for the table they will be using, and their own stands & electrical leads.
Leftover food: A very sensitive issue.
- The client must instruct us regarding the leftover food.
- If the client provides the food, then all the food leftover is regarded as leftover food.
- If we provide the food and the full complement of guests are present, then there is no leftover food.
- If we provide the food and the full complement of guests are not present then the client is entitled to the food of the guests not present. The client must then, however, provide containers for the leftover food.
- If the client is not interested in the leftover food, we willingly undertake to distribute the food in the following order.
- Firstly, to the people who come to the back door of the venue, then to my staff and persons involved with the function and then the vagrants sitting outside our head office.
When clubs, schools and organizations plan fund-raising events, we advise them to make the deadline for the ticket money at least 7 days before the actual function. This will facilitate final negotiations with us. Please remember very few tickets are sold at the door. Please consult with us before the tickets are printed regarding the menu.
We do request the client to contact us after the function to inform us about the quality of the edibles and the services rendered. Constructive criticism is always welcome. If we are not contacted we will assume that you are highly satisfied.
Complaints must reach us in writing within seven (7) days after the function.
We are willing to prepare special dishes which do not appear in our brochure on request.
We request that entertainers, entertainers, photographers, video man, bridal party have their main meal when the guests have theirs or before the start of the function. We do not have the facility nor the time to heat small amounts of food at the end of the function.
Our head office is known as Tussen Park. It is situated in the heart of Rylands. It is a 4000m plot and is bordered by Tussen Road, College Road and Jane Road.
The garden is fully-landscaped and has a beach pool, fishponds and aviaries.
The grounds are fully enclosed and has a Tuscan villa called Tuscany.
It is a function and conference venue which is rustic yet elegant in character, and can accommodate 300 guests on the inside and an additional 80 guests on the veranda weather permitting. We do not, however, allow liquor, loud music and dancing on the grounds.
Our Christian clients are most welcome to have the actual wedding ceremony at Tussen Park (at an additional charge). The ceremony can be followed with a photo session in the garden and lunch/supper thereafter. A poolside function is an option.
The weather is totally outside of our control and we cannot be held liable for unfavourable weather conditions.
The client is fully responsible for the activities of all their guests while they are present at Tussen Park. Children must be watched very carefully.
Breakfast Sessions at Tussen Park extends from 9am to 12pm.
Lunch Sessions at Tussen Park extends from 11am to 3pm.
Supper Sessions at Tussen Park extends from 5pm to 9pm or 7pm to 11pm
P.S. Occasionally we do have two functions on the same day at Tussen Park.
Address on invitations: Tuscany c/o College Road and Jane Road, Rylands (opposite Galaxy nightclub)
Cathkin Caterers shall not be liable for any loss or damage in which the client may be involved in consequence of any defect or neglect in the arrangement attending to the hiring of Tussen Park however caused or arising in any way from the hire of Tussen Park. The client hereby indemnifies Cathkin Caterers and keeps Cathkin Caterers indemnified against all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, damages and expenses which may levied or made against Cathkin Caterers or which Cathkin Caterers may sustain or incur by reason of an injury or damage to persons, or property of any persons arising directly or indirectly out of the clients occupations at or use of Tussen Park. The client further indemnifies Cathkin Caterers and keeps Cathkin Caterers indemnified against all costs, damages and expenses which may be suffered by Cathkin Caterers as a result of any damage of whatsoever nature caused to Tussen Park arising directly or indirectly out of the clients occupation at or use of Tussen Park.